Imagine walking on a piece of tile that was once walked on by someone like VanGogh...while all reclaimed tile won't have that kind of history, it will have an antique feel that can add charm to your house. It is defiantly a great way to step outside of the decorating box.
Vista Verde Construction Company used reclaimed tile for the back splash in this room.
But be careful when selecting reclaimed tile...
- Make sure the tile is being given a new home and not just made of recycled material
Floor Covering International shows some tile originally from Greece.
- Reclaimed tile can be spotted by looking at the coloring, fading, scratched, and worn surface.
This tile is an example of tile with fading and imperfections. Picture from Recycler.
- The tile may also have imperfections because they were originally hand made.
For more information on reclaimed tile check out the Exquiste website.
Mon, January 16, 2012
by Cindy Aplanalp filed under
- antique tiles,
- Floor Covering International,
- reclaimed tile,
- old tile,
- Greece tile,
- bathroom tile,
- kitchen tile,
- hand painted tile,
- worn tile,
- Vista Verde Construction Company,