Better Homes and Gardens is a great source for Holiday inspiration and party ideas. In the December 2010 issue, the article titled "Party Central" has a host of ideas to make your home party ready for those spur-of-the-moment holiday get-togethers.
Here are a few of the suggestions Better Homes and Gardens has for some last minute parties....
"If your entertaining gear lives where you need it, when you need it, throwing a casual cocktail party is as easy as opening the front door.
By Amy Panos
1. Think through everything you need- right down to the toothpicks- to serve a few favorite hors d'oeuvres, then gather it all on a tray. Keep the tray stocked full time, so when the guests arrive you don't have to think. Just add food and serve.
2. A turntable keeps bottles of spirits at the ready.
3. Leave a pretty cutting board out as a worry-free, waterproof spot to mix drinks.
4. A mini loaf pan stores all those fun little extras that turn a drink into an occasion.
6. Stow cocktail mixers and nonperishable snacks in cubes handsome enough for the living room. You'll make fewer trips to the kitchen and have more time with your guests."
Sat, November 27, 2010
by Cindy Aplanalp filed under