I am all about maximizing space and storage and there are so many unique things to do with your cabinetry to maximize both of those things. No more dead space- only ideal pantry, pot and pan and dish storage.
1. Pilaster Drawer Fronts - These hidden drawers are perfect for storing all of your spices and small pantry items. The best part...they look fabulous when pushed in, like a piece of furniture in your kitchen.
2. Cookie Sheet Space - We all hate digging through our pots and pans for our cookie sheets which always end up on the bottom. Divided storage whether in some under cabinet space or even over your fridge helps keep things organize and danger-zone free.
3. Trash and Recycling drawers - No one likes seeing a garbage can! Hide them in a large drawer near your sink. You can even have a drawer for recycling.
4. Chalkboard Door Fronts - So maybe not all over your entire kitchen - but your pantry door is a great place for a family reminder area. Chalkboard and magnetic paint can be used for memo areas for your grocery lists or upcoming events.
5. Laptop Drawer/Plug In Station - With our technologically based society- we need a spot to plug in. Having a drawer to hid your unsightly cords or your laptop when it's family time is the perfect update for a modern family.
Wed, September 14, 2011
by Cindy Aplanalp filed under